FONTAGRO brings together different organizations to improve food security and reduce poverty based on standards of equity and sustainability.
MAIN STRATEGIC THEMES ARE:
- Technological, organizational, and institutional innovation;
- Adaptation to and mitigation of climate change;
- Sustainable intensification of agriculture and natural resource management;
- Competitive territories and value chains within a framework of equity and sustainability.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES:
- Strengthening applied research and innovation capacities in family farming within and among member countries.
- Consolidating regional and interregional platforms to respond to opportunities and challenges, strengthening the capacity of national systems as well as breaking down barriers that prevent the adoption of new knowledge and technologies.
- Improving knowledge management and result dissemination to multiply FONTAGRO’s impact, including the intensive use of social networks.
- Consolidating FONTAGRO’s financial capacity to support and strengthen innovation initiatives in member countries. This involves commitments undertaken by countries, new memberships, and negotiating with other sectors, including the philanthropic sector.
- Increasing the BoD’s exposure and participation in FONTAGRO’s activities to strengthen the fund’s vision and mission statements.
To know more about our strategy, please download our 2015-2020 Medium-Term Plan:Plan-de-Mediano-Plazo-2015-2020-ENG_0